So I definitely wrote out my review on the nightlife in Part I and copied it, just to lose it before pasting it here. smh. Guess it wasn't meant to be.
NIGHTLIFE: Before I begin I must say we used ClubCrawlers to find and review nightlife spots and I recommend it to everyone. Toronto nightlife can be rewarding with two key elements: Commitment and Strategy. We experience both ends of the stick.
NIGHT WE HIT: Upon arriving in Toronto Friday evening we were debating on where to go. Taking our server up on her advice we headed to EFS located in the Fashion District of Toronto. Upon arriving shortly after 11pm, which is early by anyone standards, we were instructed to come back in about 20 minutes, once the crowd had arrived. Determined to find something to do, we head back up the street and discovered this lounge hidden in between two massive buildings. Brassaii Lounge turned out to be the greatest decision we made in Toronto. Brassaii which had an outside patio to accompany its sleek lounge inside had multiple booths if you wanted bottle service, which was definitely a win
- UPSIDE: Great Dress code & DJ. The DJ played the best EDM music I've ever heard and I hate EDM. lol Honestly i wanted this guys playlist after that night. His playlist consisted of 30% EDM, 30% TOP 40 40% HIP HOP and everyone loved it.
- DOWNSIDE: When did house drinks become $10?
- OVERALL: We NEVER made it to EFS!!
THE NIGHT WE MISSED: Toronto wanted to make sure it gave us a fair assessment of the nightlife in the city, and for that, I can respect this FAIL of a night. Saturday consist of two parts of the night, a trip to BarCode and EFS. Both TRAGIC in my experience but definitely could be worse.
- BARCODE: Danny Green was hosting a party in Toronto this night and since my friend has been a Spurs Fan for over the past 15 years, we had no choice but to travel to BarCode.
- UPSIDE: Safety is NOT the issue here. Its no way you could get a weapon in after being patted down by two individuals and be scanned by wan for weapons. I even had to lift my shoes to check for weapons. The music was good also, it was Toronto urban club so only Hip Hop here
- DOWNSIDE: You don't get searched that much for nothing. BarCode was located 2 blocks off the strip in a dark alley-way with sketchy doors. The drinks? Being the liquor was automatically poured for the bartenders, it would take $50 to get buzzed here.
- OVERALL: We left after an hour or so. Danny Green? well he was outside appearing to be complaining about how sketchy the club was also
To help correct the night and place us on the right path, we headed to EFS...
- EFS Our second option was promising, since we were suppose to go there the first night. Honestly we should have saved our $20 and went back to the hotel. I'm sure some type of ecstasy was needed to enjoy this "house party" that was being described as a club
- UPSIDE: *FILL IN LIES*
- DOWNSIDE: Music, the staff, the drinks (another automated pouring system). This club was seriously like a house party and a overcrowded house party at that. It was shoulder to shoulder and people was standing on top of EVERYTHING, Tables, chairs, speakers. etc. The DJ on Sat August 16th SHOULD BE FIRED! Dude played 3 songs of college dropout in FULL! Why? I love Kanye but even he would say you failed on that!
- OVERALL We stayed for about 20 mins and called it quits. The bartender told me she didn't have Grey Goose citron or pineapple or cranberry juice…i pointed the Goose out to her, but she stated again, we don't have it.
NIGHTLIFE OVERALL: Overall I had a great time. Definitely use ClubCrawlers. You can definitely get on guest list to get in places free and buy tables. Bottle Service in Toronto is CHEAP compared to Charlotte. $275 gets you 2 bottles, 6 VIP tickets and champagne. Also you know the cover and crowd for each club or lounge that night.